Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, we decided that this week’s blog would focus on things we are thankful for as students and Career Peers. So many times in life we get caught up on the mundane routines of life, instead of pausing and reflecting on the incredible opportunities we enjoy each day. As author Melody Beattie says, “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” This is a great reminder of how important it is to stop and be thankful for everything you have in life. Here are some things we are thankful for:
- Opportunity to attend college
- Doors that have been opened while in college
- Life achievements & experiences at UWF
- Going home to see family and friends
- Taking classes with incredible faculty and professors
- Living close to the beach
- The nice Florida weather
- Chick-fil-A and Starbucks
- Seeing incredible success and inspirational peers who are achieving their dreams through co-ops, internships, and full time jobs.
- Last but not least, the fact that the semester is quickly coming to an end, and there will be an entire schoolwork-free Winter break filled with extra sleeping and eating holiday food!
What are you thankful for? We would love to hear. Feel free to add a comment about what has impacted you the most or what your favorite part has been attending UWF. Until next time, GO ARGOS!